Hello!

A few days ago I had another great opportunity to take part in a webinar led by Mrs. Magdalena Jóźwicka. She is an early education and English teacher in a public kindergarten in Otwock. During her lessons she does not use any coursebooks. She prefers using hand-made materials, crafts and arts.

During our workshops Mrs. Jóźwicka gave us some examples of activities. There was a "Find my snowman game", memory games and trip around the world with Genibot which I liked very much.

The presenter also recommended us some songs which are easy to find on the Internet and kids love them, in example "Baby Shark".

Mrs. Jóźwicka said that it is never too early to start with literature. In her opinion books develop children's reading skills and positively influence their readership habits. She has shown us books like "Press here", "Mix it up", "Mam oko" series, "Don't let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!".

I strongly agree with her thought - learning through literature is the most beneficial for kids. There are skills like perceptivity or ability to focus which can be developed without ability to read or write! 

I liked this webinar a lot. I found there many useful materials.

Do you know some of these books or songs?

Please let me know in the comment section below :)

Zuzanna


1 comment:

  1. Hey Zuzia,
    Unfortunately, I was not very happy about this webinar. I believe that the knowledge that the scientist wanted to pass on to us was too broad. I am glad that a lot of attention has been devoted to literature, which can be used in classes with young children. We both have wonderful experiences of classes with Mrs. Domańska and her suitcases full of books. I hope that we will still be able to meet her and develop our skills.
    Dominika

    ReplyDelete