Hi!

A few days ago I had an amazing opportunity to take part in the Using Visuals and Teaching English to Young Learners Online Webinar. It was a great place to exchange our teaching experiences and find a few more attractive tools to teach kids.

Our presenter was Mrs. Dominika Krawczyńska who is a teacher, speech therapist, sensory integration therapist and teacher trainer. It was a great honor to see her teaching tools and teaching tips coming from her experience.

I found out that teaching vocabulary to young learners can be easier thanks to using flashcards, realia, multimedia, gestures and miming. Realia are amazing especially during online teaching. As a teacher You can show students your kitchen and some utensils that You use there on your everyday basis.

I could also see how Mrs. Krawczyńska work with her kids using websites like linoit.com, wordwall, learningchocolate.com.

What is more the teacher showed us how she does a puppet show. We met Emil - a puppet who plays with kids games like odd one out, what color is your..?, true or false or have you got...? He is very helpful and students love him!

Mrs. Krawczyńska told us that it is a great idea to teach kids through art. Paintings and songs are the way of expressing yourself and children like to do it a lot! Drawing and painting make students feel  that their work and involvement is appreciated. In my opinion this is really nice and I would like try it with my students in the future.

I really found this webinar inspiring and I have learned a lot thanks to Mrs. Krawczyńska. I would love to observe her lesson.

Did you have a chance to take part in a webinar like this? Let me know in the comment section below!

Zuzanna

1 comment:

  1. Hey Zuzia, I can see that you also liked this webinar very much. There is a need for more teachers in the world with the same passion as Ms. Dominika. I did not expect that using mappets could be so valuable and interesting. In college, we learn many different teaching methods, but it turns out the simpler and the happier the better. I would like to go to her for internship :)

    ReplyDelete