Hi!

Welcome back to the teaching practice 2021 series!

I am slowly finishing the teaching practice 2021 series with a few reflection words. In this post, I want to tackle two important aspects of perceiving myself as a teacher.

Firstly, I want to share my thoughts about my potential as a teacher. Right now, after 3 years of my bachelor's studies on early education and teaching English, entering master's studies and a few internships I feel more and more convinced that it is a perfect profession for me. I try to perform competently every time I have a chance to teach and meet with students. In my opinion I am a very creative, flexible and well-organised person. Thanks to teaching practices, I have learned how to deal with difficulties and accept criticism. In my temporary workplace - at the clothing store - I was thought how to work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure but this school placement made me more open to other's needs. Being a teacher I would like to meet my pupils' expectations and create a nice space for them to learn and grow.

Secondly, I would like to talk to you about organisation and implementation of a didactic process. I can surely say that I am able to form appropriate lesson aims and objectives. I think I am aware of students' abilities at a certain level of English and I can adjust my teaching to their needs. While preparing lesson plans I always choose the materials very carefully, select proper methods and forms of children's work. If needed I can easily provide justification for my teaching decisions. I believe in students in my classroom and try to motivate them. In order to do this I also provide pupils' with feedback focused on their good work and give a chance to improve.

To conclude, I am very grateful for this experience. I was not convinced at first to do my practice in the middle of a Covid-19 pandemic lockdown but now I am very happy that I tried. Remote learning mode has shown me a whole different side of teaching and I will be forever thankful for this opportunity.

Zuzanna

No comments