Hello!

Welcome back to the teaching practice 2021 series!

In this entry, I would like to continue my self-evaluation after school placement. Personally, I think it is a good opportunity to look at myself from a different point of view.

When I think about my attitude towards pupils I see myself as a very calm and nice person. During my practice, I tried my best to learn the students' names as soon as possible and introduce myself as I am a new person entering their classroom. My mentor teacher helped me a lot by giving children space to ask me a question so we can get to know each other. I have to admit that it is hard for me to maintain strict discipline because of my shy and patient character but when I am teaching I try to establish clear rules for both sides to follow and stick to. I am respectful and kind to every student, parent, and teacher. My assessment is always supported by giving proper feedback. I want to treat my pupils as a group, community but also as individuals to fulfill their needs best. 

When it comes to me as a learner I see huge progress. I like to receive constructive feedback from which I can learn more and improve. Thanks to the abilities gained during my studies I can analyze and reflect on the learning and teaching process. I also learned a lot even from preparing lessons. My personality changed and now I feel more open and ready to explore new approaches to language education like CLIL or PYP.

Along with experience comes confidence but also many challenges and failures. 

Zuzanna

1 comment:

  1. Dear Zuzia,

    I think your greatest virtue is being patient and understanding. In my opinion, these are the two qualities every teacher should aim to develop.

    Also, you are an extremely well-organized teacher and learner, and my question is "What's your secret?" :)

    ReplyDelete