Hi!

Welcome to the last entry of the teaching practice 2021 series!

Today I would like to talk to you about my challenges and aims for the future as a teacher as well as some final conclusions after the teaching practice.

In my opinion, I have already gained a lot of knowledge and experience but there are still some areas which can be improved. As a highly sensitive person and an introvert, I made big progress in interpersonal relations. I want to be a more open, enthusiastic, and ready-to-help teacher. I still see a space for improvement here. I can work on giving more clear instructions as well so I will not speak so quietly. For my professional development, I would like to attend a course or training to become a CLIL teacher. Thanks to this practice I had a chance to conduct this kind of lessons and I really liked how they turned out.

Reaching final conclusions I am extremely proud of my CLIL unit about platypuses which I conducted. It went very well and students were happy about it as it tackled their areas of interest. The most rewarding thing was my mentor teacher's message which said that the pupils asked about me coming back to their school and wanted her to continue the topic of platypuses which I started. She also has sent me a few pictures and said that they still remember a lot from my classes! I am sharing a few photos of children's amazing work below. I am very proud of these 3rd graders and thankful for such a great opportunity that will stay with me forever.

The effort and heart that I put into designing those lessons are really worth it.

Zuzanna

THE PRETTIEST PLATYPUSES I HAVE EVER SEEN!



1 comment:

  1. Dear Zuza,
    these drawings are simplu adorable. And those hats! Haha

    Knowing how much effort you put to overcome your introversion - you should be very proud of yourself. And I firmly believe you'll make a wonderful teacher: your calmness and kindness is one of a kind.

    And I hope you won't mind if one day I'll come up to you and ask for help with platypuses ;)

    ReplyDelete